top of page

Earn credentials to
evolve your career

Whether you’re interested in deepening your skillset or trying something new, our partners offer many affordable credential pathways to help you help people in your community.

Trauma-Informed Care Certificate

Expand your knowledge of trauma-informed care with the TIC Certificate offered by the Ohio Child Care Resource and Referral Association (OCCRRA). This certificate is based upon completion of training that meets the Trauma Informed Competencies as determined by the Ohio Department of Job & Family Services and the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS).

Community Health Worker

Help connect individuals in Appalachia with the health services they need when you earn certification as a Community Health Worker (CHW). The minimum requirement is a high school diploma or equivalent and completion of a CHW program. If you enjoy collaborating with others, problem solving, and acting as an advocate, then the CHW program might be for you. Explore options through the Ohio Board of Nursing and Ohio University.

Social Work Assistant

Under appropriate supervision, as a Social Work Assistant (SWA) you can complete intake assessments, provide case management, conduct crisis intervention, enhance education, and offer prevention services. Learn how to earn an SWA license from the State of Ohio.

Prevention Certification

Earn a Prevention Certification through the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board and open the door to work in many different settings with a variety of people. Prevention services are designed to reduce or delay the onset of disorders and include activities such as leading anti-drug or suicide prevention coalitions, providing education on health-related topics, or promoting mental health initiatives for youth. Ohio offers four levels of certification, and you don’t need previous work experience in this field to become certified.

Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant Certification

Play an important treatment and support role for individuals struggling with substance misuse or addiction issues as a Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant (CDCA). With certification from the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board, you can help people navigate the challenges of recovery.

Certified Peer Recovery Supporter

If you have direct, lived experience with mental health or substance use issues, you can become a support, coach, or mentor to people seeking help for theirs. Becoming a Certified Peer Recovery Supporter (PRS) requires that you are personally in recovery from a mental health and/or substance use issue.

Contact us

Want to learn more about or join SETICC? Interested in joining a helping profession? Want to be more trauma-informed? Let’s connect!

The latest from SETICC

bottom of page